Don’t over-look one of the most important and often most expensive things to repair…your drains! Drain inspections are NOT part of the pest and building inspection process nor are they inspected at handover stage of a new home.
We pride ourselves on providing you with a drain inspection backed up with a comprehensive drain inspection report that meet the AS 3500.
We use the latest technology to inspect all internal and external house drainage lines. The entire inspection process is recorded on to DVD/USB so you can view any cracked pipes or problem areas before any decision is made. We also have an additional option to purchase a copy of the recording and have the drains mapped on the surface if you are planning any changes to your property such as renovations, additions, a pool or new driveway.
For home buyers, a drain inspection provides the assurance that all drainage is working as it should. If problems are found, you have the opportunity for price negotiation, to have the problem repaired or to simply walk away from the purchase.
Why carry out a drain inspection?
- 75% of house drains in Brisbane have some sort of defect, some of these causes are broken pipes due to ground movement, and large tree roots breaking pipes.
- Drainage pipes are often installed incorrectly from day one.
- Concrete formwork stakes are often driven into drains when forming up during construction of house slab and foot paths.
- The average cost of repairs can be thousands of dollars.
- Houses with drainage problems can be 6 months to 60 years of age.
- Apartments and units can also suffer the same fate with old pipes in concrete slabs rusting, corroding and squashing over time